Welcome, we are glad you are here!
Your spiritual journey as a follower of Christ began the moment you admitted personal sin and placed your trust in Christ as Savior and Lord. From that point, until death or the return of Christ, your life’s call is to grow in Christlikeness.
Jesus summarizes the disciple’s call in Mark 8:34, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.”
Accomplishing such a challenging assignment requires growing in your understanding of what it means to be a Christian, expanding your personal knowledge of biblical truth, and applying daily what you learn. Through the presence of His indwelling Spirit, God enables you to know, obey, and serve Him.
God expects His children to grow spiritually and His Word encourages personal examination as an element of growth.
- “Let us search out and examine our ways…” Lamentations 3:40
- “But each person should examine his own work, and then he will have a reason for boasting in himself alone, and not in respect to someone else.” Galatians 6:4
- “Pay careful attention, then, to how you walk—not as unwise people, but as wise.” Ephesians 5:15
Here at GSDA, we are very serious about your spiritual health and are constantly seeking new opportunities to keep each member of our faith community strong and growing. Our Spiritual Mentorship program will enable you to live a life of service to God and one another.
Follow these simple steps to complete the process:
- Complete the Spiritual Growth Assessment.
- Print and complete your Discipleship Wheel.
- Read Growing Together and discuss the questions at the end of each chapter with your accountability partner weekly.
- After at least six sessions with your accountability partner, repeat steps 1 & 2, compare the results, then commence to step 5.
- Begin working on your Spiritual Growth Plan.